Y'all...I didn't know that I needed Costa Rica in my life until now.
Back story | About three months ago one of my friends called me up and asked if I wanted to go with her family to Costa Rica in Jan 2020 for vacation. With me taking classes online and nothing holding me back from going I said "YES!". I mean who wouldn't?!
We flew into San Jose and got a rental car to take in the country on our way to our Air BNB. A drive that should have taken an hour took three because of how windy the roads are and the number of cars. We spent the week in Costa Rica exploring, taking in the culture, and trying new things. Then at the end of our time there we flew back in one of those small planes to San Jose to catch our flight back to Orlando!
I put together a list of some of the things and places that stood out most to me:)
- Por Que No in Dominical | the view is to die for and their Pina Colada is so good!
- Selina in Manuel Antonio
- Jaco Bar in Jaco | Great night life scene and the bar tenders are super great!
Things To Do/See:
- Surfing at Vista Guapa Surf Camp in Jaco | Best atmosphere and best instructors!
- The National Forest in Manuel Antonio | You can get up close and personal with monkeys and the beaches are beautiful! I recommend getting a tour guide or you won't see half the things we did (sloths, hummingbirds, crabs, spiders and more!)
- Paragliding | I didn't do it, but Kelsey and her mom did and LOVED it! Kelsey even flew into a cloud...
- The Whales Tale | You have to go at low tide or you won't be able to see it and I definitely recommend getting a "birds eye view" of it by trekking up the mountains